Consistency: Superior quality dough yields dependable results, consistent flavor and texture time after time for a “fresh-made” taste: true match for scratch.
Labor Savings: No scaling, mixing, dividing, rounding. Pre-portioned dough reduces preparation time and labor.
Inventory Control: Fewer ingredients to purchase and store. Thaw only as needed: extended frozen shelf life of 90 days.
Versatility: Allows for customization of crust… thick, thin, raised-edge, etc. Can be used to prepare anything from a traditional pizza crust to breadsticks, calzones, stromboli, and fried doughs.
Handling Instructions: Dough Balls (Shelf life: 90 days, frozen)
- 1. Keep product frozen at 0° (-18° C) or below until ready to use.
- 2. Remove the desired number of dough balls from the freezer and allow each to thaw overnight at 40-45° F in cooler on oiled pans covered with plastic to prevent drying. As an alternative, use the same day after minimum 4 hours thaw time at room temperature, 75°F (23°C). Small dough balls thaw faster than large ones.
- 3. Remove dough balls from the cooler and dust each with flour.
- 4. To ease stretching, allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or more before shaping.
- 5. Shape the dough ball to fit the desired pan using a mechanical sheeter or by hand.
- 6. Place pizza dough on an oiled pizza pan and carefully dock to minimize blistering and/or bubbling during baking.
- 7. Brush crust with oil or cover with plastic and let it stand at room temperature for approximately 1-2 hours or until desired thickness is obtained.
- 8. Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
Consistency: Consistent size, thickness, durability.
Labor Savings: No scaling, mixing, dividing, rounding, rolling or stretching is required: makes preparation and clean-up a snap. Shorter preparation time for quicker response to demand.
Convenient: None of the mess of scratch preparation. Ready to use: just proof, top and bake.
Less Equipment: No mixer, sheeter or dough press necessary: lower equipment and operating costs.
Versatility: Create signature edges quickly and easily. Can easily be used to create bread bowls, calzones, stromboli or quiche.
Handling Instructions: Sheeted Doughs (Shelf life: 56 days, frozen)
- 1. Keep product frozen at 0°F (-18°C) or below until ready to use.
- 2. Remove desired number of sheets from the freezer to thaw overnight at 40-45°F in cooler on oiled pans covered with plastic to prevent drying. Maximum time in cooler is three days. As an alternative, thaw on pizza pans and use the same day after 2-3 hours thaw time at room temperature, 75°F (23°C).
- 3. Remove thawed shells from the cooler and transfer to pizza pans. Allow dough to double in size.
- 4. To prevent product from drying out during thawing, cover with plastic or brush with oil.
- 5. Carefully dock the dough to minimize blistering and/or bubbling during baking. For a thicker crust, allow the dough to continue to rise until the desired thickness is obtained.
- 6. Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
Download a PDF flyer for Frozen Dough Ball and Sheeted Products